
The first 2009 Empty Bowls session at the studio started bright and early Sunday morning on January 11. Four potters came to join Linnell to throw bowls for this year's Empty Bowls Project and were greeted with a skin of ice on the outside wash buckets. The temperature inside the studio was a chilly 46 degrees F. until the heater kicked in to warm it up to a comfortable 68. Fortunately the sun stayed out and helped the freshly thrown bowls set up. Everyone enjoyed Paul's hearty soup lunch and freshly made corn bread. We finished up

shortly after 4:30 and the bowl tally was a total of 89. Not bad for only 5 people!
Great job! I wish I could have been there! Linnell, I love your new blog. Keep it up! I feel like I am right back in your studio seeing all the pictures. I miss you! Your studio was one of my great escapes and hangouts in Sacramento.
ReplyDeleteMelanie
PS - I need to get a profile. :-)